LUXBAR Classic Burger
Kick off the weekend (or any day really) by grilling up a fan favorite, the Classic Burger from LUXBAR. With such simplicity, it is amazing how wrong a burger can go if one ingredient is not up to snuff. Make sure your bread is top-tier and fresh. And, if your veggies have any little dark bits, grab your gear and head to the market.
LUXBAR Suggested Beverage Pairing
Option 1 - Krombacher Pils is an ideal choice for a burger, light and crisp, with a subtle presence of hops and malty sweetness. This beer allows the burger to shine, while complimenting the rich, beefy notes of our Gibsons Grassfed Australian Steakhouse Burgers.
Option 2 - Lagunitas Lil’ Sumpin Sumpin - a Pale Ale, brewed in Pilsen, has a much maltier back bone than the Pils, but the increased presence of bitter hops helps par the richness of the burger.
- Gunnar Lindquist, LUXBAR Bar Manager
Prep & Cooking
- Slice the tomato and white onion, place onto a platter along with lettuce and pickles. Then, preheat your grill or broiler to high or medium-high.
- Place your GGA Steakhouse Burgers on a plate. Sprinkle Gibsons Seasoning Salt evenly over the burgers.
- Place the seasoned burgers on the grill or in your broiler. (Do not over load the grill). Cook to your liking. Use a spatula to flip the burgers halfway through the cooking process.
- Once the burgers are almost cooked to your liking, top with the aged cheddar. Cook until the cheese melts. Remove from grill or broiler and place on second platter.
- Place the buns facedown on the grill or in the broiler. Warm until toasted. Place on the third platter.
Medium Rare 115° - 120°
Medium 120° - 130°
Medium Well 140° - 150°
Well Done 165°
Located in Downtown Chicago
The quintessential American bar, LUXBAR features seasonal and classic cocktails made from freshly pressed juices, premium ice, housemade shrubs, and an extensive selection of spirits that runs especially deep in whiskey and bourbon.
The all-day food menu and weekend brunch mirror the bar’s classic approach and emphasis on high-quality ingredients with made-from-scratch American favorites, including the Gold Coast filet sliders, Lux Royale double patty cheeseburger made with Gibsons Prime Angus and caramelized onions, kale + avocado and Cobb salads, Alsatian pizzas, cedar-planked salmon and steak frites.
MAKE THIS RECIPE & MORE